Tuesday, September 15, 2026

A Good Tuesday Underneath It All

Tuesdays are the worst day of the week, bar none. My least favorite classes in college always fell on the T/TH schedule as opposed to M/W/F schedule. When I bartended my day was always Tuesday which was pint night at the draft bar and trivia night at the Irish pub - aka, the worst grad students you've ever met making themselves at home in my crumb-covered booths. Now Tuesdays are my stressful day where I have an additional job to do on top of regularly scheduled programming. Everyone in the office has to do one of these shifts so I can't complain, but I don't have to like it! Today we added our monthly staff meeting into the mix, which is my time to shine.

I buy the breakfast treat for everyone and for September we went with muffins instead of the usual donut holes. Then one of our doctors brought in two dozen donuts - yum! We had two people from the community come in to give us trainings on their specialties and one of them was a butch lesbian. Now, I'm a femme lesbian in an office of primarily middle-aged straight women, I'm just one of the flock. We have people coming in a lot - law enforcement, fire department, so many men that fall under the maintenance umbrella - and when a man comes in it truly is a cock in the henhouse. Pardon my French. We ooh and ahh and whisper to each other about how cute the guys are every time without fail. But a butch lesbian? I have never seen these women behave this way! Giggly, blushing, bashful. You're my favorite human, I can't wait until I can see you next! It's always amazing being able to listen to you talk. Oh can I pour you some coffee for the road? Ladies, relax! I know it's exciting to see a butch lesbian so close like that in the wild, but if you don't watch out I'm going to start campaigning for you to all leave your husbands. 

But today was not a bad day! I did my extra job, I did my regular job, I perfectly set up and tore down the meeting, I only got a little bit sweaty. Now I'm home, Below Deck on the TV, tea steeping on the kitchen counter, and a leftover quesadilla is calling my name from the fridge. Everything is coming up Milhouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment