Thursday, August 27, 2026

Is It The Moon?

Has this week been just God awful for everyone else? From work feeling simultaneously overwhelming and under-stimulating to a looming cold threatening to attack my immune system to a vet appointment for Maple - too much going on! I'm barely sleeping! And to top it all off, I just started my period! What a truly horrible time. There are approximately three thousand things happening with the sun, the moon, and the stars right now so I'm sure something in the sky is to blame. Call it the Universe, call it God, call it whichever deity is at the center of your altar - I'm feeling attacked by them.

I attempted a batch of Italian Penicillin soup last night for the first time in an attempt to fight my cold. I think that it helped but the taste was...so bland no matter how many seasonings I added. But I guess when you're sick you just need food to be warm and comforting, not necessarily bursting with flavor. I haven't done much with my afternoons when I get home from work, instead I've been trying to just relax. It is working as well as it can. Now that Maple has a clean bill of health from the vet I can breathe a bit easier. She has a dental extraction scheduled for the end of September so we need to make sure she eats up all her crunchy treats before operation day. 

It's officially fall in the Valentine household and what I mean by that is the rewatch of Pretty Little Liars has begun. My friend came over for dinner (an absolutely disgusting dinner of ham and tuna subs from Jimmy Johns) and we watched the first two episodes together. I could reenact the pilot as a one-woman show. While we were watching the second episode my friend said, you're kind of a super fan, huh? Well I guess now that you mention it...that shoe certainly does fit. 

Tomorrow is Friday again. I have exciting plans made already; laundry and doing the dishes, maybe putting on the Clue movie to pay my respects to Tim Curry. Tim, Dolly, Hayden - what a devastating month this has been. Time has a wicked way of never stopping. I'd like to be more intentional with my time in my 30s, let's add that to the ever-growing list on this blog. How you spend your days is how you spend your life. Am I really a writer if I don't write? A painter if I don't paint? A baker if I don't bake? What am I, a phone user? A loser? Let's fix that. 

3 comments: